French commerce

A market of US$19,391.5 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 18.6% during the period 2022-2028

DUBLIN, June 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “France Social Commerce Market Intelligence and Future Growth Dynamics Databook Q1 2022 Update” report has been added to from offer.

The social commerce industry in France is expected to grow by 27.2% on an annual basis to reach US$7,468.6 million in 2022.

The social commerce industry is expected to grow steadily over the forecast period, registering a CAGR of 18.6% during 2022-2028. The French social commerce GMV will increase from US$7,468.6 million in 2022 to reach $19,391.5 million by 2028.

Globally, the social commerce market has grown significantly over the past four to eight quarters. The introduction of shopping tools by major social media platforms has largely supported the growth of the social commerce industry globally. In particular, similar trends are visible in Francewhere the social commerce market is still developing compared to other countries such as United States and China.

As the online shopping method continues to gain traction with consumers of France, major retailers are also looking to capitalize on the trend to further increase their sales figures in the country. French retailers are hosting a number of live shopping events to increasingly appeal to the country’s social consumers. Moreover, even global players are looking to enter the French social commerce industry in 2022 to capitalize on the growing social commerce trend and gain market share.

While the market is still in its early stages of development with low social commerce penetration, the growing popularity of social media shopping among consumers has made the French industry ripe for disruption. As a result, the publisher expects companies to launch innovative products and venture capital and private equity firms to increase their investments in the social commerce space over the next four to eight quarters.

Social commerce companies focus on promoting high-end products to earn more profit

As the social commerce sector grows in France, consumers are still hesitant to buy products on social media platforms. This behavior of the French consumer is also reflected in their spending on social media platforms. According to a recent survey, nearly 80% of French consumers who have made purchases on social media platforms buy for less than $55.

The distrust of French consumers is one of the reasons why consumers prefer to buy products at low prices. Therefore, the publisher expects social media platforms to adopt strategic initiatives that can help them build consumer awareness and trust, which can further help increase overall transaction value and volume. in the country. Of the various platforms consumers use to make social commerce purchases, almost 75% of consumers prefer Facebook. On the other hand, Instagram is preferred by around 25% while Snapchat is preferred by 10.8% of consumers nationwide.

Report scope

The report provides in-depth, data-driven analysis of social commerce in France. Below is a summary of the main market segments:

France e-commerce industry market size and future growth dynamics by key performance indicators, 2019-2028

France Social Commerce Industry Market Size and Future Growth Dynamics by Key Performance Indicators, 2019-2028

France social commerce industry market size and forecast by retail product categories, 2019-2028

  • Clothes and shoes
  • Beauty and personal care
  • Food and groceries
  • Appliances and Electronics
  • Home improvement
  • Others

France Social Commerce Industry Market Size and Forecast by End-Use Segment, 2019-2028

France Social Commerce Industry Market Size and Forecast by End-Use Device, 2019-2028

France Social Commerce Industry Market Size and Forecast by Location, 2019-2028

France Social Commerce Industry Market Size and Forecast by Location, 2019-2028

  • Tier 1 cities
  • Tier 2 cities
  • Tier 3 cities

France social commerce industry market size and forecast by payment method, 2019-2028

  • Credit card
  • Debit card
  • Payment
  • Prepaid card
  • Digital and mobile wallet
  • Other digital payment
  • Cash

France Social Commerce Industry Market Size and Forecast by Demographics and Consumer Behavior, 2021

  • By age
  • By income level
  • By gender

For more information about this report visit

About is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.

Media Contact:

Research and Markets
Laura Woodsenior
[email protected]

For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900

US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716

SOURCE Research and Markets