Braum celebrates National Ice Cream Day with 75-cent cones
July is National Ice Cream Month and this Sunday is National Ice Cream Day.
On Sundays, anyone can enjoy single-dip ice cream cones for just 75 cents all day at any Braum store.
Ice cream is like an art, and it all starts at the Braum Family Farm in Tuttle, Oklahoma. Braum’s processing plant, bakery, private dairy herd and milking operation are located on the farm.
The milking operation is billed as one of the largest of its kind in the world, milking 800 cows every 32 minutes.
Braum’s makes over 100 flavors of ice cream using fresh milk from Braum’s private dairy herd. It is combined with sour cream and a sweetener. Then “inclusions” are added, such as chocolate chips, cookies, caramel and nuts.
Making ice cream is second nature to the Braum family. Their ice cream expertise spans three generations with over seven decades of history behind it. Bill Braum’s father, Henry, owned a chain of retail ice cream stores in Emporia, Kansas called “Peter Pan Ice Cream Stores”.
This summer, Braum’s is offering six new flavors and four new sundaes.
Six new flavors of ice cream
• Sticky Bun – the ice cream version of the classic breakfast dessert with real pieces of sticky bread in it
• French Chocolate Macaron – creamy chocolate with chunks of macaroon cookies inside
• White chocolate strawberry tart: white chocolate ice cream with pieces of strawberry and pound cake
• Fried Caramel Pie – delicious caramel and caramel flavor with real pieces of pie crust
• Cocoa Banana – light and creamy chocolate with a hint of banana flavor and pound cake
• Pistachio Almond Chocolate Chips – a favorite classic with added mini chocolate chips
Four new sundaes
• French Chocolate Macaroon – served on macaroon cookies and topped with marshmallow filling, whipped cream and a cherry
• Sticky Bun – served over vanilla Bundt cakes, topped with caramel, whipped cream and a cherry
• White Chocolate and Strawberry Pie – served over vanilla Bundt cakes, topped with strawberry filling, whipped cream and a cherry
• Cocoa Banana – served on chocolate Bundt cakes, topped with hot fudge, sliced bananas, whipped cream and a cherry
For more information about Braum’s, visit www.braums.com.